Allergies occur when the immune system malfunctions and mistakenly reacts by producing antibodies to external stimuli that does not recognize. These external stimuli could be pollen, bee stings toxins, the grass, animal dander and/or partially digested from the gastrointestinal tract food proteins circulating in the blood. The immune system considers them all foreigners to the body and attacks them to protect us. When these stimuli are foods or food ingredients we talk about food allergies.
•Intestinal dysbiosis, leaky gut
• High stress load, elevated cortisol levels
• Food allergies or hidden intolerances
• Poor diet, prepared dishes, spicy foods, fried foods, high fat and / or saturated foods, processed foods
• Lack of digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid deficiency
• Increased consumption of stimulants and addictive substances including coffee, soft drinks, smoking, alcohol etc.
• Exposure to heavy metals eg lead water pipes, mercury from dental amalgams, environmental toxins, household chemicals , etc.
• Impaired Detoxification mechanisms
How the Nutritional Therapy Clinic can help
We need to find the causes of allergies and immune system imbalance. Complete health history record may reveal malfunctions of the immune, gastrointestinal system, antioxidant capacity, detoxification mechanisms, salivary and mucosal antibodies. By getting in to metabolic testing and thorough investigation we can assess whether there are any heavy metals and other toxic substances, potential nutrient deficiencies, hidden food intolerances among others.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
After the diagnostic assessments we lay out the individualized nutritional strategy including special nutritional supplements and recommendations for a healthy lifestyle and physical activity. Incorporate more natural foods in the Dietary plan, selected amino acids, vitamins like C, D3, E, essential fatty acids in the right ratio, Zinc and other minerals, natural digestive enzymes and herbs among others.