Autism is a complex biological disorder characterized by
• Difficulty in speaking
• Abnormal posture
• Problems in understanding the emotions of others
• Distorted sensory and visual perceptions
• Fears and concerns
• Behavioral disorders such as compulsions and ritualistic movements
• Food allergies or hidden intolerances
• Poor quality of food eg ready meals, preservatives, flavor enhancers, colorings, artificial sweeteners, etc.
• High consumption of sugary foods, white flour, soda, fried meals
• Mother toxicity transferred to the fetus and subsequent child's exposure to heavy metals eg lead water pipes, mercury from dental amalgam, environmental toxins, household chemicals and use of plastics. Smoking or alcohol consumption in pregnancy
• Malfunction of detoxification mechanisms
• Essential fatty acids, Ω3, Ω6 metabolic disturbance
How the Nutritional Therapy Clinic can help
We need to find the causes of autism. Complete health history records of the child and its parents can reveal malfunctions of the immune, gastrointestinal system, neurotransmitters, detoxification mechanisms and of the methylation procedure. Getting in to the metabolic testing is considered in order to investigate whether there are any heavy metals and other toxic substances, potential nutrient deficiencies, any hidden food intolerances among others.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
After the diagnostic assessments the individualized nutritional strategy is being laid out to include special nutritional supplements and recommendations for a healthy lifestyle for the family while avoiding bad habits. Keep in mind that children benefit greatly from physical activity in the natural environment. More natural foods are incorporated in the meal plan as well as selected amino acids, minerals and vitamins, D3, natural digestive enzymes and herbs among others.