Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a very common issue nowadays, as it bothers nearly one in five people. The Nutritional Therapy Athens Clinic recognizes the complexity and the involvement of many causes and factors in its manifestation. Common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome may be abdominal pain, indigestion, constipation or diarrhea, mucus in stool, among others.
• Food allergies or hidden intolerances.
• A diet poor in nutrients such as fiber, antioxidants, but rich in “empty” and refined carbohydrates, such as white flour pasta, sweets.
• Development of pathogenic microbial population in the bowel.
• Reduced development of friendly flora in the bowel compared to that of hostile flora or intestinal dysbiosis.
• Intense stress of all types, such as anxiety, trauma, grief, separation, electromagnetic radiation from frequent use of computers and other electronic devices.
• Environmental toxins such as pollutants, excessive use of chemicals in agriculture and animal husbandry, use of preservatives, colors and flavor enhancers in the food industry, various types of chemicals in cosmetics, personal care products, detergents, cleaners, and the list goes on...
How theNutritional Therapy Athens Clinic can help
Because the causes and factors of IBS are different for each person, we discover what is causing it in your case by using the “Detailed Health Questionnaire” and specific diagnostic or functional tests. These tests are used in order to see the functionality of your body’s systems, in a deep, “hidden” level, i.e. inside the cell.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
Once we identify your personal needs we work together to eliminate the causes of the problem, supporting your gastrointestinal system by implementing a personalized eating plan, specific nutritional supplements program and suggestions for a healthy lifestyle, all given to you during your individual session.