Diabetes is a chronic disorder of the metabolism of carbohydrates , proteins and fats and is characterized by elevated blood sugar levels when fasting. It can result in many health issues such as cardiovascular disease, stroke, kidney disease, eye diseases, neurological problems, autoimmunity, depression among others.There are two main types of diabetes. Diabetes I & Diabetes II
1. Diabetes Type I or insulin-dependent : it is the type that the pancreas does not produce insulin and occurs primarily in children and adolescents.
• Inheritance susceptibility of the beta - pancreatic cells immune system or incomplete tissue regeneration resulting in destruction. • Intestinal dysbiosis, leaky gut, virus gut infections eg polio, coxsackie, rotaviruses
• Creation of antibodies to beta-cells by probable cause poor digestion of proteins such as casein, albumin, milk and gluten cereals
• Nutrients deficiencies such as vit D, omega-3
• Toxins load such as nitrates found in fertilized vegetables crops and sausages, cured meats, salami etc.
2. Diabetes Type II or non-insulin dependent : occurs mainly after the age of 40 and can occur in obese children. Often accompanied by polycystic ovaries, high triglycerides and high blood pressure. Main causes we investigate :
• The phenomenon of insulin resistance where cells become deaf to insulin which sends a message to accept more and more sugars. More at http://www.nutritherapy.gr/Blog/provlima-sakxarou-fanero-i-kryfo.html
• Intestinal dysbiosis, leaky gut
• High stress load, elevated cortisol levels
• Food allergies or hidden intolerances
• Poor diet, packaged food, increased consumption of carbohydrates and saturated fats such as margarine, processed foods like white flour, sugar, soft drinks, box juices, sedentary life
How Nutritional Therapy Athens Clinic can help you
You need a one to one consultation with the expert to look thoroughly into your unique needs. While exploring all possible causes of your Diabetes, specific Functional tests make this easier by revealing possible malfunctions like gastrointestinal disorders, food intolerances, oxidative load, antioxidant capacity, heavy metals or other toxins stored in your body. We record your Health history, eating and lifestyle habits during your consultation in order to take into account all these factors and finally assess your case.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
Once your needs are identified we work together to eliminate the causes of your Diabetes. Your Personalized Nutritional Strategy is made especially for you including an achievable Dietary Plan, a Supplement Form with high quality supplements and herbals while applying mind and body health coaching aiming at the best outcome for you only.