Many people suffer from headaches and migraines; women much more than men.
The causes are many; among them are the following:
• Food allergies or intolerances. These can cause many symptoms, including headaches.
• Blood sugar imbalance. It is known and well understood that proper nutrition plays a very important role in stabilizing blood sugar.
• Hormonal disorders in females. For many women headaches are triggered by fluctuations in estrogen during the menstrual cycle or during menopause.
• Disorders of amino acids or amines, two categories of nutrients in foods that may cause headaches under certain conditions.
• Disorders of essential fatty acids. These disorders affect the production of prostaglandins, substances responsible for the creation of an inflammatory condition in the body that play an important role in triggering headaches.
• Toxic load. Headaches may be caused by our exposure to heavy metals (e.g. mercury in dental fillings) including aluminum, and chemicals such as house cleaning products, preservatives and food coloring and the list goes on...
• Chronic deficiencies of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients.
How the Nutritional Therapy Athens Clinic can help
Discovering what is causing the headaches seems to be the key. For this purpose we record the full health history of the individual, and recommend specific functional tests that will reveal dysfunctions in a very deep, cell function level, such as the concentration of amines in the blood, hidden food intolerances, bowel dysdiosis, an older trauma, among others.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
After the diagnostic assessments comes the development of individualized nutritional strategies, including the use of special nutritional supplements and suggestions for a healthy lifestyle. We restore the balance, to relieve you from headaches and migraines.