We could perhaps say that there are concerns about the fertility of a couple when there has been no fertilization in 12 months with frequent intercourse without contraception. In about 35% of the cases the woman has fertility issues, in 20% both do and in 10% the cause cannot be determined.
• Presence of heavy metals
• Hormonal disorders, e.g. women with polycystic ovaries, men with chronic prostatitis
• High consumption of alcohol, tobacco or drugs
• Poor nutrition and starvation diets for women
• Obesity or malnutrition
• Very tight underwear or trousers for men, that raise the temperature of the testicles resulting in low sperm production
• Various stress factors, e.g. stress, trauma, infections, toxicity, disease, pharmacology, among others
How the Nutritional Therapy Athens Clinic can help
Our main concern is to discover the cause of the couple’s infertility. We record the full health history of both individuals and recommend special functional tests that will reveal any dysfunctions of the hormonal system, the adrenals, the presence of heavy metals and other toxic substances, possible nutrient deficiencies and any hidden food intolerances, among others.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
After the diagnostic assessments we lay out the individualized nutritional strategy, including special nutritional supplements and suggestions for a proper way of life and appropriate light exercise, while avoiding bad habits. We incorporate more natural foods in the dietary plan as well as selected amino acids, minerals, vitamins like Β12, Ε, C beta carotene, natural enzymes and herbs, among others.