In general, anxiety disorders seem to affect many people at some point in their lives. Anxiety disorders include panic attacks, agoraphobia and phobias in general. A panic attack is an extreme physical reaction to stress, fear or intense bursts of joy or sorrow, where our body produces large amounts of adrenaline in order to cope. Usually an attack lasts for 10-20 minutes but they can be successive and they can occur during sleep.
Possible symptoms of a panic attack:
• Very rapid breathing
• Ultra-fast pulses
• Pain in the chest
• Esophageal Reflux
• Feeling faint or dizzy
• Ringing in the ears
• Tingling of the limbs
• Hot flashes or freezing
• Need for defecation or urination
• Feeling of unreality or depersonalization
• Hypoglycemia due to poor nutrition or intensive dieting or excessive consumption of carbohydrates e.g. sugary foods and beverages
• Problems with digestion and assimilation
• Food allergies or hidden intolerances
• Pharmacology or discontinuation of certain drugs
• Consumption of stimulants e.g. coffee, alcohol, smoking
• Brain dysfunctions and impaired neurotransmitters
• Chronic inflammation and / or chronic pain
How the Nutritional Therapy Athens Clinic can help
Our main goal is to find what is causing the panic attacks. We record your full health history and recommend special functional tests which will show at cellular lever the function of the adrenal glands that support as in stressful situations, the function of the nervous system, the gastrointestinal system, possible nutrient deficiencies, or any hidden food intolerances, among others.
Personalized Nutritional Strategy
After the diagnostic assessments we set out a personalized nutritional strategy, including special nutritional supplements and suggestions for a proper lifestyle. We incorporate in the Nutritional Plan foods that help, as well as Omega 3 and Omega 6, selected amino acids, minerals, vitamins and herbs, among others.